This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We collect and use certain information about individuals in order to services and enable access to certain areas of this website.
What information we may gather:
- We may collect the information in the following forms:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.freshstartevents.uk or event sites you go to. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Fresh Start Events, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information collated for your organisation if you attend our events has been provided by your employer or a charity who you provide voluntary support for.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use this information:
We collect this data in order to help understand what your needs are in relation to the company, and enable us to deliver relevant and reliable services
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To contact and respond to a specific enquiry
- To help improve the products and services we provide
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional mailings or call you to discuss, services, offers and other relevant information that may be suitable
- To raise invoices if necessary
Who we share your Data with
In order to carry out our services we share data with:-
Cognito Forms. They supply the forms to enable the business to conduct its core aim of organising and running exhibitions. They are based in the United States of America
Eventbrite. They are used to enable delegates to sign up for events. They are based in the United States of America
Information you submit to us is transferred outside the EEA and stored on Cognito Forms and Eventbrite servers in the United States of America. This country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission. Safeguard(s) used: Cognito Forms has self-certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield which is available https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield is an approved certification mechanism under Article 42 of the General Data Protection Regulation, which is permitted under Article 46(2)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can access the European Commission decision on the adequacy of the Privacy Shield https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for any purposes not previously described or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You have the right to see what data we are retaining about you
You have the right to rectify any inaccurate date.
You have the right to restrict processing data (subject to legal requirements)
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principles of Processing
Legitimate interests: we have a legitimate interest in collecting your IP address, browser information and device to better understand our customers as they access our website and live chat service. We have a legitimate interest in collecting your name, email address, phone number and any additional information you provide in order to be able to respond to your enquiry, messages and applications you submit via our exhibition services. We ask for your phone number and email address in case we need to reach you on one of those means and to ensure that we are able to respond to your enquiry as quickly and effectively as possible. We ask for your name so that we know who we will be contacting, to allow us to ensure we are contacting the correct person.
Legal basis for processing: – necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you (Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation). Reason why it is necessary to perform a contract: where your message or enquiry relates to our goods and services, we will collect your information in order to enter into a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract with you. This includes the collection of your name, email address and phone number so we know who we are contracting with and so that we can provide you with the information you need in order to be able to enter into a contract with you.
How Long We Retain Your information for.
We store the information for a maximum period of seven (7) years in order to defend against legal claims. This period is the maximum period in which a claim form can be issued and served in respect of contract and tort claims under the Limitation Act 1980 under English law.